Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WOYWW - 194

 

What do you get when you mix Tara's craft studio , Amazing Paper Grace AND a material list, that contains a discontinued item...

ONE CRAZY, FUSTERATED OLD WOMAN!

I seen that beautiful basket, I had to stop all projects I was in and do it right then!

Of course, I did not have the die....nor could I find one for sale...I could find a similar die that had 4 extra holes...hummm, then I thought, use your Pazzles and cut your own....well....I have been working on this since the 15th when I received my blog email....that's 5 days ago!

When you mix Tara and Grace with Amazing Paper Grace together, I think, I have entered craft Heaven...although...this time, presenting such a beautiful project and you can't buy the die (it's been discontinued) totally flustered me.

A challenge! I love puzzles....by day I work in an Computer Network and Engineering department that has the responsibility of over 100,000 devices to keep track of and keep working....talk about puzzles. What makes there good in that environment, is I won't quit until I master it....or at least until I think I have mastered it! LOL.

So, after trying to make my own failed...trying to get others to make it for me, failed...running to Michaels and buying the die you see above comes very close...it just might work...still working on the weaving pattern. I found the die on eBay in England! Cost me a bloody bid paying the difference in our monies and having it shipped to me, but, come hell or high water, I'm gonna make that basket.

So that's the green thing laying on my desk.....wonder why I am telling you this? It's Julia's Idea! Click on that last link, to find out why!

 

17 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Great post- love the story! Its so annoying when you want a particular product isn't it? I'd seen some fab projects done with a PTI die, tried everywhere to get it, discovered that they have no sales outlets in the UK! A lovely lady on SCS kindly offered to get one for me in the USA & post it to me. Now I just have to get around to using it! :) Have a great week,Hugs, Shaz #91 xx

Anonymous said...

Lol, a dog with a bone! Ever heard that expression? That's what you are, lesser mortals would have given up and crawled under a stone by now! After all that effort I hope you love your creation and don't throw it in the bin in frustration!!

Hugs
Brenda 114

Claudia N. said...

Hoooh, looks like a lot of fiddling... hope you enjoy your WW!

die amelie #102

Heathers Inspiration said...

Love what you are creating, and your persistence to achieve it will pay off x Happy WOYWW Heather #72

Unknown said...

I am not exactly sure what I'm looking at here--but it looks very cool! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #113

Maisie Moonshine said...

Hi Robin - your post made me smile - we've all been there! I think that having your ingenuity tested to get a project completed can be very rewarding (but often not financially!) Thanks for your lovely comments on your visits to my blog - I'm going to try and put together a lace flower tutorial this week which I'll post on my WOYWW 195 post next Wednesday hope to see you then... Hugs MM x #101

ria gall said...

well done you for not giving up just a shame it has cost you so much but I am sure you will get plenty of use out of it. I love the weaving that you have on your desk it looks really pretty
Wishing you a really great WOYWW
Ria #73

Alison Scott said...

I love the weaving.
Can't wait to see the finished article.
Happy WOYWW
Alison
#75

Gibby Frogett said...

Just looked at the above links - those baskets are so pretty - can't wait to see your finished one now. Thanks also Robin for the link that you told me about using the floor polish as a glass paint, thats such great idea. Someone else said you can use it as a method of transfering an image, the example was onto a domino..lots of things to experiment with now I think...Happy Crafting and have a good week ..Gill x #103

505whimsygirl said...

Wow. You have some patience!!! The weaving looks amazing!

Happy belated WOYWW
Peace, Kay #2

April said...

You go girl! Never ever give up! :-) April #130

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Good for you, refusing to be beaten. I also hate to be beaten, especially if it is technology. It goes round and round in my head till I get it worked out in some way. I am looking forward to seeing the final result. Have a good week. xx Maggie #42

peggy aplSEEDS said...

The amazing paper basket is so pretty. No wonder you just had to solve your challenge! Your project is looking good!

sara j said...

Weaving seems magical to me....take a simple element and create such texture and beauty....after reading your blog, I BELIEVE you will be successful in creating your basket. I had to laugh at your description of your day job - my partner is in the same business and he is uber patient and LOVES puzzles. I think you have to, to be successful in your line of work. Best of luck in your endeavor; see you again on Wednesday!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Your link on my blog too me to a post from last October - not sure how. Anyway, in answer to your queries, I use the foil on the Silhouette with the blade in position and just ask the machine to cut several straight lines to sharpen it up a bit. The photo idea comes from Barbara Gray and you can see her doing it on one of her videos, can't remember offhand which one, but it will tell you on the cover. Have fun playing. xx Maggie #42

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Robin!
I'm glad to discover your wonderful website! Your project above is looking beautiful! I believe I like the "Lattice Rectangles" die you're using even better than the discontinued one! I'll be looking forward to seeing your finished project!
Tara