Sunday, November 9, 2014

Vinyl–It Cuts like butter!–How to clean up a font

Part one.  What you need, and how to weed and apply transfer tape

In the InVue software, I enlarged the M.  and turned on wireframe

image

It’s still to small to see so look at this:  Look at the bottom of the M see the jagged cut.  Although I could weed it…it was not as smooth as it could have been to weed.  Remember, I have 9 more to do.

image

Choose the path smooth tool.  It’s the third one down.

image

I clicked just above it on the straight line and just below it…maybe 1/5 inch away from it.  Now it’s pretty nice.  I move through the file this way.  SAVE after every change.

image

See the top of the a.  it’s cute like this, but cause’s problem.  I smoothed it also.

image

It’s better, but needs to be rounded out

image 

Choose the Point Move tool.  It’s the third one down.

image

My curser changed to a arrow with a M just below it, then I just lifted the line up.  Im happy, but see all those nodes.  Smooth them out. 

image

Much better.  My machine won’t have to work that hard.

image

Now I am over to the L.  That is the next problem I see and the next problem I remember when weeding.  See how the two lines touch…this was hard to weed.  SAVE

image

I just chose the select Icon (first one on the right and moved it up a bit.

image

This is to tiny to weed also.  I remember it was hard to weed here.    SAVE

image

I just chose the Point Move tool and moved the bottom line a bit

image

 

I think it’s good, but lets magnify it some more.  Not good..not sure really how to fix this.

image

This is what I did, I choose the move point tool and moved the little green dots back to the point. 

image

 

Love InVue…it worked  SAVE

image

All done.  Now to cut!  Duplicated the cut to fit 5 on a sheet.

image

I only need to pull of 17.5 inches of vinyl.

image

I have found I like cutting in InVue the best.  For this vinyl Oracal 631, my machine cuts best at these settings

image

No comments: